DO YOU KNOW?
- The United States spends more than $1.6 billion every day
over $64 million per hour on war and preparations for war.
- For every $1 the United States spends on peace, it spends $16,000 on war.
- One out of five children in the United States lives in poverty.
- Five percent of the U.S. military budget would lift
every American child in need out of poverty.
- While the United States ranks first in the world in military spending,
it ranks 56th in infant mortality rate (CIA World Factbook, 2016 estimates).
- 40,000 children die every day on our planet of
starvation, malnutrition and preventable diseases.
- 4 days of worldwide military spending each year could end all starvation.
- 12 hours of worldwide military spending could wipe out malaria.
If you would like to change these priorities, join
us in World Citizens for Peace.
Together we can make it a better world.
"No one makes a greater
mistake than he who did nothing
because he could do only a little."
- Edmond Burke, 1729-1797
I want to support the work of World
Citizens for Peace.
____ Enclosed is membership dues of____$20(minimum) ____$35 ____$50 ____Other.
____ Enclosed is $_____ donation. Members and donors receive PeaceMeal.
____ PeaceMeal subscription only. Please enclose $5/year if not a member/donor.
Please make checks payable to World Citizens for Peace. We do not share your information.
Name ________________________________________ E-mail___________________________
Return to: World Citizens for Peace, PO Box 594, Richland WA 99352-0594