1. Take all nuclear weapons off high-alert (launch on 15-minute warning) to avoid an accidental nuclear war.
2. Enact a policy of "no first use" of nuclear weapons.
3. Stop the development and deployment of a ballistic missile defense system.
4. Negotiate an international treaty to abolish nuclear
1. Reduce military spending by 50% and direct the savings to domestic needs and debt reduction.
2. Reduce military aid to underdeveloped nations and
increase humanitarian aid.
1. Enact a national energy policy that moves the United States toward energy independence.
2. Enact policies toward the Middle East and Latin America
that support democratic government, human rights, and the provision of an equitable
standard of living.
1. Increase public awareness of peace issues and U.S. militarism.
2. Increase peace education with emphasis on youth.
3. Advocate for non-violent conflict resolution at an
individual, community, national and international level.